Pawpaw, botanically known as Carcia Papaya Fruit, grown in tropical climates, imparts numerous health benefits, as it is a rich source of Antioxidants - Carotenes; Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K; Flavonoids; Niacin; Magnesium; Potassium; Protein; and Natural Fibre. The fruit, seeds, leaves, even the roots of the pawpaw tree contain medicinal properties. Apart from eating pawpaw pulp, chew little at a time the seeds as well with the pulp (makes the taste of the seeds more tolerable). You can add the seeds to salad, blend dry and mix with any other food. The seeds are slightly bitter and peppery in taste. It is best to use the seeds fresh, but you may decide to keep them in the fridge or freezer, and use from there.
Caution: Pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and people with papain and latex allergies, should not eat pawpaw or its seeds.
1. Protects Kidneys - Some Studies suggest that pawpaw seeds help to remove toxins from the kidneys to enable them function efficiently.
2. Solves Liver Cirrhosis Problem (a) Blend about 5 dry or fresh pawpaw seeds. (b) Add to a tablespoon of fresh lime juice, stair and drink the mixture. Do this twice daily for 1 month as pawpaw seeds promote healing of damaged liver tissues.
3. Contraceptive - Pawpaw seeds, are natural contraceptives. It is said that in Asia, women use the sap of pawpaw plant and the green fruit, to prevent pregnancy.
4. Typhoid/Dengue Fever - (a) Blend some pawpaw seeds. (b) Add to a glass of milk and drink the mixture. This will kill bacteria and viruses in the body, and can help you recover from Typhoid and Dengue Fever.
5. Protection From Parasites, Staph. and Candida - Pawpaw seeds kill parasites, their eggs, and intestinal worms in the body. Pawpaw seeds are effective for killing E Coli, Staph., Salmonella, and other dangerous bacteria. They may also aid treatment of Candida Yeast overgrowth. It was reported that children who drank juice from pawpaw seeds, got rid of intestinal worms, in 7 days.
6. Boost Immunity - One pawpaw fulfil more than 200% of your daily requirement of Vitamin C, and help build a strong immune system.
7. Heart Attack - Vitamins A, C, and E in pawpaw, prevent cholesterol from oxidizing, and causing heart attack or stroke.
8. Weight Loss - Pawpaw contains a considerable amount of dietary fibre that promotes a feeling of fullness, controls cravings, and so aids weight loss. One medium-sized pawpaw contains 120 calories.
9. Male Virility - Pawpaw contains arginine, an enzyme which boosts male virility. However, opinions differ as regards consuming of pawpaw seeds; some say they boost fertility and others do not agree with that. It is said that it could make a man impotent. But when he stops eating it, he regains fertility. So then, men you have to decide what you want.
10. Inflammation, Arthritis - It contains papain and chymopapain, which are protein digestive enzymes, and Vitamins C, E, and beta-carotenes which reduce inflammation associated with arthritis.
11. Prevents Asthma - Beta-carotene in pawpaw lowers the risk of developing asthma.
12. Prevents Some Cancers - Beta-carotene in pawpaw prevents colon cancer. Pawpaw has a special compound which stops tumor formation. A Study suggests that diets rich in beta-carotene like pawpaw, carrots, apricots, pumpkin, broccoli, may play a protective role against prostate cancer.
13. Protection for the Eyes - Vitamins A, C, E, Carotenoids, Lutein, and Zeaxanthine in pawpaw, filter out harmful blue light rays and play a protective role in eye health, warding off damage from macular degeneration. They also protect against developing cataract, glaucoma, and other chronic eye diseases.
14. Management of Diabetes - Doctors recommend pawpaw for management of diabetes, in view of its ability to lower blood sugar levels. Its sugar content is low and it has a high amount of minerals and fibre.
Treatment of Diabetes With Pawpaw Leaves -
(a) Soak some pawpaw leaves in clean water for sometime.
(b) Strain and extract.
(c) Drink 3 times daily to reduce sugar level.
15. For Skin Care -
(a) Mix 1 teaspoon of pure honey with
(b) 100 gms of pawpaw pulp.
Apply this mixture to the face and keep this mask on for 15 - 20 minutes. Thereafter wash off with cold water. This solves all skin-related problems, including acne and black heads. Please use continuously until you get result. Do not use once and say, "how irritating, I can't continue." If you do that, you have yourself to blame not the pawpaw. The enzyme papain in pawpaw, when consumed regularly, helps you maintain a healthy skin.
16. Skin and Healing - The enzymes chymopapain and papain in pawpaw heal wounds. Mashed pawpaw, when used topically, promotes wound healing, and prevent infection of burned areas, removes warts, treat ringworms, and also psoriasis.
TO BE CONTINUED.