The adage, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away," is very appropriate, in view of the many health benefits of apple. The Scientific name for Apple is "Malus Domestica," and apple is mostly available in two colours, namely, green and red.
Apple, a miracle food, is sweet and delicious (an expression used by one of my children after eating a delicious meal). Apple, one of the most cultivated and consumed food in the world, is rich in important antioxidants such as quercetin, catechin, procyanidina, chlorogenic acid, ploridizin and more; a dietary fiber called pectin; and flavanoids. Also, the antioxidants and phytonutrients in apple, may possibly help reduce the risk of developing so many ailments. Apple contains almost no fat, no cholesterol, or sodium.
Below are some health benefits of Apple -
1. When you chew an apple, it stimulates saliva production, lowers the levels of bacteria, thus reducing tooth decay and preventing breath problem.
2. Apple reduces the risk of Alzheimer's disease.
3. It reduces the risk of stroke.
4. It lowers the level of bad cholesterol.
5. It reduces the risk of diabetes.
6. It wards off breast, lung, liver, and colon cancers.
7. It prevents obesity.
8. It fights asthma.
9. It is good for bone health.
10. It protects against stomach injury, received from painkillers, referred to as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, which can injure the lining of the stomach.
11. It prevents gallstone.
12. It prevents diarrhea and constipation.
13. It prevents hemorrhoids.
14. It detoxifies the liver.
15. The antioxidant, quercetin, in apples boosts the immune system.
16. It prevents cataracts.
17. It fights cold.
18. It prevents anemia.
19. It prevents rheumatism.
20. It prevents gout.
From the highlights above, apple is quiet rich. It is also filling.
Therefore, why not introduce it into your daily diet, eat at least one apple daily, and enjoy its many health benefits. Apple lovers (we are many), please take it easy, do not go daydreaming about how many apples you will eat daily.
Stay Healthy Always And Remain Blessed. Love You All.